Sunday, November 20, 2016

Walking with a Bad, Bad Cold

Image from asianfashionfans
As I'm doing this segment, I have a bad, bad cold. Nose is heavily clogged, headache, runny nose and a funny feeling that you might have a fever. Thank God the fever is arrested by something. God is good.

Even if you are a health buff careful about your condition, the cold virus just penetrates through at times. Even if you keep eating oranges and other fruits and drinking water. Even if you supplement with Vitamin C.

It sucks. And then you see people smoking cigarettes early in the morning and drinking liquor all their lives not bothered by colds at all. I just shake my head in wonder.

So, what do I do? I walk.

Anyway, walking is a natural activity. You really have to walk around even if you're sick. So just yesterday and the other day, I walked a lot. Today, I took a rest the whole day and drank lots of water.

Walking helps you analyze things and figure out problems, especially mysteries in life, and find some meaning. Then strangely, you feel light and happy and a bit care free about any problem. You feel at ease. The problem is still there looking at you with its funny, silly face, but at least you feel hopeful something good is going to happen. Something or someone will kick out the problem.

Getting sick is one way nature toughens our immune system more. Did you know that? The virus is allowed entry into our system so our antibodies can identify them and know exactly what to do the next time they encounter the virus, especially a new virus. So your body resistance improves. But before that can happen, you have to get sick first.

Everything happens for a good purpose. See? I stick to that in times I don't understand what's happening to me. And of course, walking helps a lot here.

So, never stop walking. Stop complaining and just walk.

For more walking inspirations, just LIKE US on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!