Friday, September 16, 2016

A Jogger's Dream Bedroom

houzz.com
At first I thought of titling this article, "A Walker's Dream Room," to share what a typical brisk walker might like in a bedroom. But I didn't want to scare my readers into thinking this was about zombies. A zombie's dream bedroom? All they dream about is eating us.

Anyway, a jogger's dream bedroom is probably something that has a high ceiling to fit a loft or mezzanine above and a matching high staircase. Something that looks like the picture above---well. to me that is. I love to have a bedroom with, of course, a comfy bed for me and my wife, huge windows offering a good view of the world outside to greet me in the morning and lure me to go out and run, and a high staircase.

Why a high staircase? First, to reach the loft high above me and second, to serve as my "track" (as in track and field). I love to run up and down a high staircase now and then, especially when it's raining and I can't go out to brisk walk or run. I also love to do the same during my "walking breaks" when I need to get up from my PC desk and stretch out a bit.

I also want a reading corner or small work area where several levels of bookshelves are fixed and an area for my desktop is allotted. I believe runners and brisk walkers should also be readers and bloggers. I mean, they ought to exercise their brains as well. And since they go out on a regular basis and see a lot of things outdoors that mere mortals don't, I feel they also ought to be bloggers.

I don't go for bedrooms with a lot of furniture. I prefer my bedroom to have some built-in cabinets and drawers for our stuff. That's so I can move freely around and do some floor exercises like leg stretches and push-ups. And yes, I'd love my room to have a firm fixed pull-up bar, plus perhaps some weights. Not really a weights set, just a few weights.

A huge flat screen on the wall would be ideal, too.

Plus a white colored heavy bag for a few punching workout now and then, aside from the one I have in my home mini gym.

I think every jogger and fitness buff should have a big mirror in his room. It's important to see your fitness progress each day. And mind you, mirrors help a lot to develop your social projection and personality. Moreover, you can easily check your walking or running form. Even the way you stand.

Finally, I want a bedroom that isn't too big but isn't too small either. I want it just spacious enough but not too spacious like a mansion bedroom. I hate the idea of a mansion. The bedroom picture above is actually too big for me. Make it much smaller but with a high ceiling and it would be ideal for me.

For more walking inspirations, just LIKE US on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!